NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
- How to Enter. To enter the Competition, visit the DRL Allianz World Championship (“Event”) held at Chase Field, located at 401 E Jefferson St., Phoenix, AZ 85004 on September 8, 2019, and:
(a) Download the DRL Drone Duels app (the “App”), which is free and is available in the Apple App Store and in the Google Play Store and
(b) Create an account (“Account”) on the App, and
(c) Choose a participant name, which will be the name associated with your Account that will appear on the on the leaderboard available in the App and as displayed at the Event (“Event Leaderboard”).
For clarity, you must download the App and take all of the above-listed steps prior to the start of the last heat of the Event (not including the “Golden Heat”), which is expected to take place at approximately 11:20 pm local time on September 8, 2019 (the “Penultimate Heat”).
Alternatively, subject to the other terms and conditions of these rules, you may enter and participate in the Competition without being present at the Event by (1) completing the above-listed steps from any location within the fifty (50) United States or the District of Columbia and (2) making Picks as specified below.
Throughout the Event, prior to the start of each heat (excluding the Golden Heat), select which pilots you think will come in 1st, 2nd and 3rd place in each heat of the Event (each a “Pick”), the first of which is expected to take place at approximately 7:30 pm local time on September 8, 2019. In all heats prior to the Golden Heat, you will be awarded points for that heat (“Points”) based on how many correct Picks, if any, you make in that heat: 10 points for one correct Pick in a heat, 70 points for two correct Picks in a heat and 400 points for three correct picks in a heat. Following the Penultimate Heat but prior to the Golden Heat, for a chance to earn additional points, you may wager between zero Points and all of the Points that you’ve previously accumulated on the pilot that you predict will win the Golden Heat. If you correctly select the winning pilot of the Golden Heat, you will be awarded the number of points that you wagered. The entrant with the most Points on the Event Leaderboard at the end of the Event will be deemed the Grand Prize winner (subject to confirmation).
- Start/End Times. The Event begins at 5:30pm local time on September 8, 2019 and ends at 11:00 pm local time on September 8, 2019.
- Eligibility. Participation open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States or the District of Columbia who are 18 or older as of date of entry. Void where prohibited, taxed or restricted by law. Employees, officers and directors of Drone Racing League Inc. (“Sponsor”), The Swatch Group (US) Inc. (“Prize Supplier”) and their parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, dealers, advertising and promotion agencies, manufacturers or distributors of Competition materials and their immediate families (parents, children, siblings, spouse) or members of the same household (whether related or not) of such employees/officers/directors are not eligible to enter. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
- Event Leaderboard. At the end of the Event, the entrant with the most Points on the Event Leaderboard will be deemed the Grand Prize winner (subject to confirmation). In the Event of a tie, the Grand Prize winner will be determined randomly (as determined via computerized algorithm) from among the tying entrants. By entering the Competition, entrants fully and unconditionally agree to be bound by these rules and the decisions of the judges, which will be final and binding in all matters relating to the Competition.
- Prizes. The Grand Prize will consist of a Swatch “Swag Bag”, consisting of various Swatch items, as determined by Sponsor, which may include a Swatch watch, shirt, hat, water bottle, and pen.
(Approximate retail value of Grand Prize: $100.00).
If the Grand Prize winner is present at the Event, Sponsor will also attempt to arrange a meet and greet with Phluxy, the official Swatch-sponsored pilot.
Prizes are non-transferable. No substitutions or cash redemptions. In the case of unavailability of any prize, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. All taxes and unspecified expenses are the responsibility of Grand Prize winner (“winner”).
- Notification. The participant name previously selected by the entrant with the most Points on the Event Leaderboard will be announced at the Event. The potential winner may approach the DRL Drone Duels booth prior to the end of the Event to claim his or her prize in person. The winner may be required to sign and return, where legal, an Affidavit or Declaration of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release at the Event (or afterwards, if the prize is not awarded in person) prior to claiming his or her prize. If the potential winner does not approach the DRL Drone Duels booth by the time the doors close on the day of the Event, the Sponsor will attempt to notify the potential winner by email using the email address provided by the participant when creating his or her account. The prize will then be shipped to the address provided by the potential winner. If the potential winner cannot be contacted within fourteen calendar days of first notification attempt, if the notification or any prize is returned as undeliverable, or in the event of noncompliance with these Competition rules and requirements, such prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner will be selected using the procedure set forth above in Section 4. Upon prize forfeiture, no compensation will be given. Limit one prize per person or household.
- Conditions. All federal, state and local taxes are the sole responsibility of the winner. Participation in Competition and acceptance of prize constitutes each winner’s permission for Sponsor to use his/her name, address (city and state), likeness, photograph, picture, portrait, voice, biographical information and/or any statements made by each winner regarding the Competition or Sponsor for advertising and promotional purposes without notice or additional compensation, except where prohibited by law. By participating, entrants and winners agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, its advertising and promotion agencies, Prize Supplier, and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors (collectively, “Released Entities”), from any and all liability, for loss, harm, damage, injury, cost or expense whatsoever including without limitation, property damage, personal injury and/or death which may occur in connection with, preparation for, travel to, or participation in Competition, or possession, acceptance and/or use or misuse of prize or participation in any Competition-related activity and for any claims based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy and merchandise delivery. Sponsor is not responsible if Competition cannot take place or if any prize cannot be awarded due to delays or interruptions due to acts of God, acts of war, natural disasters, weather or acts of terrorism. Entrants who do not comply with these Official Rules, or attempt to interfere with this Competition in any way shall be disqualified.
- Additional Terms. In case of dispute as to the identity of any entrant, entry will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the Account at time of entry. “Authorized Account Holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational, institution, etc.) responsible for assigning email addresses or the domain associated with the submitted email address. Any other attempted form of entry is prohibited; no automatic, programmed; robotic or similar means of entry are permitted. The Released Entities are not responsible for technical, hardware, software, telephone or other communications malfunctions, errors or failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, web site, Internet, or ISP availability, unauthorized human intervention, traffic congestion, incomplete or inaccurate capture of entry information (regardless of cause) or failed, incomplete, garbled, jumbled or delayed computer transmissions which may limit one’s ability to enter the Competition, including any injury or damage to participant’s or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participating in this Competition or downloading any materials in this Competition. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify, extend or suspend this Competition should (in its sole discretion) virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, fraud or other causes beyond its control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Competition. In such case, Sponsor may select the winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds, in its sole discretion, to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Competition or web site. Sponsor may prohibit an entrant from participating in the Competition or winning a prize if, in its sole discretion, it determines that said entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Competition by cheating, hacking, deception, or other unfair playing practices (including the use of automated quick entry programs) or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrants or Sponsor representatives.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE COMPETITION MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- Limitation of Liability; Disclaimer of Warranties. IN NO EVENT WILL THE RELEASED ENTITIES BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE APP AND/OR FOR DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM THE APP. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, THIS COMPETITION AND ALL PRIZES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
- Name of Winner. To obtain the name of the winner, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope by October 8, 2019 to: Drone Racing League Inc., 40 W. 27th St. Floor 8, New York, NY 10001.
- Sponsor. Drone Racing League Inc., 40 W. 27th St. Floor 8, New York, NY 10001.