The Drone Racing League (DRL) is the premier, global drone-racing circuit and producer of world-class sports content. As a futuristic sport that blurs the line between the real and the digital, we get to race in the most legendary locations around the globe and immerse fans into video-game-inspired courses.
We are looking to add an Associate of Finance and Strategy to help manage strategic initiatives across the organization, own and operate the company budget and assist the VP of Finance with monthly FP&A. This position offers a unique opportunity to have a key strategic role in building the sport of the future. The ideal candidate has 3-5 years experience in tech-media-sports investment banking, corporate strategy, and/or management consulting. This position is based out of our headquarters in NYC and reports to the VP Finance.
Interested candidates should send their resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
What You’ll Do:
- Will assist with all aspects of the company’s strategy including conducting market research of the sports industry, analyzing new product opportunities and risks of pursuing, completing complex financial modeling and due-diligence, coordinating with all internal (and potentially) external constituents, and synthesizing the final project for presentation to the Company’s management team
- Has the ability to go deep in uncovering what is possible and the desire to take a whitespace idea and run with it to completion. Whether it is
- Launching new products
- Analyzing market trends for Media rights deals, or
- Identifying areas of improvement of our internal processes and systems
- Own both the multi-year operating pro-forma model and the monthly/quarterly FP&A reporting (i.e. budget vs. actual reporting and analysis for each department head)
- Compile reporting required for investors and Board of Directors
- Own the data: help define the set of data across our financials, fanbase, viewership, etc and create internal and external facing dashboards that will drive our company forward
- Track and understand the competitive set to help illuminate the secret-sauce of DRL
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, or related field
- 2-4 years of experience in investment banking, strategy consulting, private equity or corporate dev roles, preferably focusing on the Technology, Media, Entertainment and/or Sports space
- Proven experience in business and industry specific due diligence and an ability to present those finding in a clear, concise, and actionable manner
- Deep experience with financial modeling and excel generally
- Experience creating presentations for internal and external stakeholders
- Willingness and ability to learn the nuances of a new, fast growing sports league and ability to become rapidly acquainted with the competitive landscape
- Strong project management skills, with the ability to proactively manage numerous projects with competing timelines
- Self-starter: Willingness to come to the table with ideas and execute. Undeterred if a new idea is not accepted in part or in whole. Willingness to come back to the table
- Results-driven and able to strike the right balance between detail-focused and grasping the big picture
- Bonus: experience working together with an accounting team to translate GAAP financials to business management, familiarity with QuickBooks, finance tool integrations
Why You’ll Love DRL:
- We team up. We can promise you’ll work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We work hard and we play hard too. We care deeply about our work and each other.
- Everybody sweeps. No task is ever too small for our team. We sweat the details and are not afraid to get our hands dirty.
- We embrace debate. There are no seats at the table at DRL because there is no table. Everyone is encouraged to share their thoughts and ideas. We embrace the idea that debate is healthy and knowing that an impassioned discourse leads to our best results.
- We stay hungry. We look for the hardest challenges and tasks and once we master them, we look for the next one. We celebrate our victories and are always excited for tomorrow knowing “good enough” is never really “good enough.”
The salary range for this role is $100,000-$135,000. Actual total compensation packages offered to candidates within that range are based on a wide array of factors unique to each candidate, including skill set, years and depth of experience, certifications, and the candidate’s specific location.
Drone Racing League is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, creed, age, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, military or veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law. As an equal opportunities employer, we recognize that diversity is a positive attribute and we welcome the differences and benefits that a diverse culture brings. Come fly with us!