The Drone Racing League (DRL) is the premier, global drone-racing circuit and producer of world-class sports content. As a futuristic sport that blurs the line between the real and the digital, we get to race in the most legendary locations around the globe and immerse fans into video-game-inspired courses.
We are looking for an experienced Program Manager with a solid foundational knowledge of software and hardware engineering principles and best practices, who can look outside the box and elevate the quality of DRL programs. The person stepping into this position will play a critical role in the operation of DRL’s engineering department.
What You’ll Do:
- Own development of new and existing hardware and software programs.
- Develop and maintain program schedules, budgets, and resource plans, and ensure that they are regularly reviewed and updated to reflect program progress, and changes in scope.
- Manage programs risks and tradeoffs, factoring in supply chain, vendor availability, team velocity, existing and new timelines as well as prioritization from stakeholders.
- Track and manage budgets and deliverable schedules
- Partner with hardware, software, media, experience, and operations teams to define project requirements and deliver on key use cases.
- Work closely with Hardware and Software functional team leads to ensure program deliverables
- Manage relationships with suppliers and manufacturing partners
- Grow, mentor and manage a team of product managers
- Participate in DRL live racing events
Who You Are:
- 10+ years program management experience with 5+ years of experience on hardware/software platforms.
- 5+ years experience managing delivery of hardware and software products from start to finish.
- Bachelor’s degree in a STEM discipline, MBA preferred
- You have great communication and negotiation skills
- You have a strong understanding of project management methodologies, tools, and processes, including agile and waterfall approaches.
- You have a demonstrated ability to lead cross-functional teams and manage complex hardware and software projects from conception to delivery.
- You have experience managing and overseeing multiple on-going initiatives simultaneously.
- You have worked with suppliers and manufacturing partners domestic and/or overseas
- You are able to effectively run agile iterative development that consists of MVP->Analysis->refinement cycles in the hardware space
- You stay calm under pressure and collaborate effectively under various stress conditions. (eg. live racing events)
- You have excellent oral and written communication skills
- You can navigate a fast paced environment. We are a startup, and a unique one, things tend to happen fast and we move together quickly to accomplish our goals.
- You are comfortable with some required travel – we all come together to create DRL live racing events, which requires us to travel. (approximately 5 week long events during a course of a year)
Why You’ll Love DRL:
- We team up. We can promise you’ll work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We work hard and we play hard too. We care deeply about our work and each other.
- Everybody sweeps. No task is ever too small for our team. We sweat the details and are not afraid to get our hands dirty.
- We embrace debate. There are no seats at the table at DRL because there is no table. Everyone is encouraged to share their thoughts and ideas. We embrace the idea that debate is healthy and knowing that an impassioned discourse leads to our best results.
- We stay hungry. We look for the hardest challenges and tasks and once we master them, we look for the next one. We celebrate our victories and are always excited for tomorrow knowing “good enough” is never really “good enough.”
The salary range for this role is $150,000-$180,000. Actual total compensation packages offered to candidates within that range are based on a wide array of factors unique to each candidate, including skill set, years and depth of experience, certifications, and the candidate’s specific location. To be considered for this role please email resume to email@example.com with the subject line including “Director of Program Management”.
Drone Racing League is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, creed, age, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, military or veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law. As an equal opportunities employer, we recognize that diversity is a positive attribute and we welcome the differences and benefits that a diverse culture brings. Come fly with us!