The Drone Racing League (DRL) is the global, professional drone racing property. Merging the digital with the real, DRL combines innovative technology, custom content and thrilling live sporting and esports events that broadcast on premier international sports networks including NBC and Twitter.
We are seeking a rock star to help the league develop partnership activation concepts across both existing and prospective partners. This role requires wearing many different hats, including marketer, creative, copywriter and strategist, and calls for a passionate self-starter, who is dedicated to the pursuit of excellence and ready to take on the exciting challenge of being within a fast-paced, multi-industry startup.
Interested candidates should submit their resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
What You’ll Do:
- Support the Head of Partnership Development and the CMO with internal and external communications, packaging, brainstorming and developing proposals, including copywriting and deck development, acting as a partner to the existing Associate Manager, Business Solutions
- Sponsorship Ideation – Manage the development of partnership ideation and activation concepts across both existing and prospective partners
- Deck Development – Manage the development of compelling DRL partnership decks using Google Slides
- Copywriting – Concept development for partner presentations as well as some basic content scripting
- Partnership Strategy – Analyze and interpret sports and marketing trends and data to support sales, marketing and partnerships in growing sponsorship revenue
- Branded Content – Support the development and execution of unique broadcast, digital and social content ideas for league sponsors and partners, and measure return on investment
- Process Management – Help set up and maintain processes to manage and update sales materials, ideas, deck and key inventory
- Internal Dot Connector – Help serve as liaison between Partnerships and other departments (Operations, Events, Marketing, Product, Media) for on-going idea vetting, tracking and updates
- Other duties as asked or assigned
Who You Are:
- College graduate with 2-6 years of experience in partnership marketing
- Strong writer
- Eye for design and aesthetics
- Highly proficient in Google Slides
- Ideal candidate has sports, media, entertainment or agency experience
- Experience working successfully across multiple departments and stakeholders, unafraid to chase any individual when projects are approaching deadlines
- Thrives in a fast-paced, agile environment with exceptional organizational skills and ability to re-prioritize on a consistent basis
- Self-starter unphased by temporary setbacks – every obstacle being nothing more than an opportunity in disguise
- Independent and strategic thinker with a team-first mentality while being willing to take on additional responsibilities as needed
Why You’ll Love DRL:
- We team up. We can promise you’ll work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We work hard and we play hard too. We care deeply about our work and each other.
- Everybody sweeps. No task is ever too small for our team. We sweat the details and are not afraid to get our hands dirty.
- We embrace debate. There are no seats at the table at DRL because there is no table. Everyone is encouraged to share their thoughts and ideas. We embrace the idea that debate is healthy and knowing that an impassioned discourse leads to our best results.
- We stay hungry. We look for the hardest challenges and tasks and once we master them, we look for the next one. We celebrate our victories and are always excited for tomorrow knowing “good enough” is never really “good enough.”