Job Title: Computer Vision Engineer, Autonomy
Location: New York
Reports To: Senior Engineering Manager, Autonomy Lead
The Drone Racing League (DRL) is the premier, global drone-racing league, and producer of world-class drone sports content. At once a tech, media, events, and sports company, DRL blends a diverse array of disciplines and industries.
We are seeking a Computer Vision Engineer with great Computer Vision and Machine Learning skills and experience to help the Autonomy team in researching, designing, and developing, the best Computer Vision algorithms and software in autonomous drone technology. The ideal candidate is highly experienced with CV fundamentals, possesses hands-on experience with the latest toolset in CV and ML software stack and has demonstrable experience in Computer Vision as applied in Robotics. Demonstrable experience is experience that can be shown in the form of prior job experience, or extensive school experience through projects and/or academic research papers where a lot of practical experience was acquired, or by showcasing personal projects. Any Computer Vision experience with UAV systems is a plus. You will be responsible for helping the Autonomy team in researching and developing Computer Vision algorithms and software to aid in autonomous flight. You will be an integral part of the Autonomy team designing DRL’s autonomous drones.
Required Qualifications and Responsibilities:
- Research and develop Computer Vision and Machine Learning algorithms for autonomous flight.
- Knowledgeable in methods such as Lucas-Kanade, Horn-Schunck, Harris Corner Detector, Shi-Tomasi, Convolutional Neural Network, Recurrent Neural Networks, Deep Learning, K-Means Clustering, or other Computer Vision and Machine Learning algorithms.
- Develop algorithms for real-time object tracking and localization, motion tracking, depth sensing, 3D reconstruction, and sensor fusion.
- Demonstrable experience implementing Optical Flow.
- Demonstrable experience implementing Active SLAM, SLAM, GraphSLAM, or Visual SLAM.
- Knowledgeable in implementing Kalman Filters, Extended Kalman filters, and/or Particle Filters.
- Proficient in pose estimation using square fiducial markers such as Aruco markers.
- Write Computer Vision software in Python and/or C/C++ and are familiar with the latest software and technology stack for ML and CV, i.e. Keras, TensorFlow, MXNet, Caffe, PyTorch, etc.
- Demonstrable experience with OpenCV.
- Develop computer vision algorithms for stereoscopic cameras.
- Great computer science fundamentals and knowledge in data structures and algorithms.
- Ability to design space and time efficient algorithms and software.
- Investigate between different algorithms for Computer Vision for Autonomy purposes.
- Perform mathematical asymptotic analysis on running time of algorithms and choose the best.
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Robotics Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or a closely related field.
- 3-5 years of experience in researching and implementing Computer Vision algorithms and software for Robotics or UAV applications.
- Experience with Posest library, Point Cloud Library, ArUco library, and ROS.
- Be able to write CUDA or OpenCL based software for Computer Vision / Machine Learning for GPU/FPGA.
- Ability to quickly prototype ideas by writing software in Python or C/C++ utilizing open source libraries.
- Familiarity with robotic navigation in GPS-denied environments.
- Ability to implement embedded vision with OpenCV and OpenCL/CUDA.
- Exposure to MATLAB / Simulink and Computer Vision System toolbox.
- Experience with source code control such as GitHub.
DRL offers a compensation package that is commensurate with experience and abilities. Please apply to firstname.lastname@example.org