04 January 2017
POSITION: DIRECTOR OF BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT
LOCATION: NEW YORK
REPORTS TO: HEAD OF BIZ DEV/MARKETING
START DATE: IMMEDIATE
The Drone Racing League (DRL) is the premier, global drone-racing league and producer of world-class sports content. We are seeking a Director of Business Development to help grow the DRL brand and drive revenue-generating opportunities for the business across strategic partnerships, content and event licensing, and global marketing campaigns.
The candidate must be highly organized, self-motivated and able to work in a fast-paced environment, with a track record of growing revenue and reach for a brand or client account directly. They will ideally have experience in media, content licensing, and brand campaigns, able to support opportunities across core DRL functions including product, media, marketing and sales. The role involves working with key outside stakeholders and the extensive negotiation and execution of contracts. A successful candidate will be able to drive deal processes to a successful conclusion, and then organize the internal DRL resources to support those deals for maximum benefit.
This role will report into the Head of Biz Development, Marketing and Sales and will work closely with the CEO/Founder to leverage existing partners and global strategic investors in the business. Must be willing and available for significant international travel.
Overview: Drone racing & DRL
Drone racing is a thrilling sport in which quad-copter drones race the most complex 3D courses ever created outside of a video game. Pilots control the drones via remote controls, wearing FPV (first person view) goggles to steer from the drone’s point of view. The drones travel up to 100 mph and can fly inches off the ground to several hundred feet in the air, depending on the course.
DRL is the premiere brand in FPV drone racing, and is often referred to as a “Real Life Video Game” where Star Wars meets Formula 1. DRL is currently distributing its 2016 season on ESPN, Disney XD, Sky Sports and Prosieben (Germany) with deals recently announced to work with MGM/Mark Burnett to create unscripted content and Bud Light to launch a global eSport simulator contest.
1. Business development and partner management:
• Immediate: Screen and execute novel business developed opportunities across
media and content, licensing and partnerships with existing partners (distributors, sponsors, investors, etc.), including term sheet and contract negotiation
• Immediate: Manage day-to-day relationships with existing media partners including ESPN, Disney XD, Sky, Prosieben, MGM to ensure DRL is maximizing the benefits of those relationships
• Long term: Source novel business development opportunities with new partners
2. Global content licensing, international growth
• Immediate: Secure international licensing and distribution opportunities to carry the
DRL race seasons on a range of broadcast and digital channels
• Long Term: Lead international expansion through broadcast, brand and licensing
partnerships for both premier race series and DRL e-sports
3. Corporate Development:
• Immediate: Assist on capital raise process
• Long term: Support new capital raises and investor relations
Education & Experience:
• Masters Degree Preferred
• 6+ years managing biz dev, marketing or sales opportunities for a global brand or agency
• Experience working with early stage startups or high growth brands
• International brand experience
• Familiarity with contract negotiations, licensing and IP rights
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
• Strong analytical abilities; data driven
• Excellent interpersonal communication skills
• Excellent written and rhetorical skills
• Proven ability to handle complex tasks and continuously prioritize opportunities
• Willingness to work long and sometimes irregular hours a must to include nights,
holidays and weekends
• Current passport and willingness to travel
• Desire to work at a high growth, early stage company
• Compensation: DRL offers a compensation package that is commensurate with
experience and abilities.
Contact: Please send all job inquiries to: Jobs@drl.io
Welcome to the
Drone Racing LeagueContinue to DRL