LOCATION: New York City
START DATE: Immediately
BACKGROUND: The Drone Racing League (DRL) is the premier, global drone-racing circuit and producer of world-class sports content. We are seeking a Director of Event Revenue to lead the strategic monetization of DRL event rights globally, including direct work with iconic venues, governments, tourism boards, promoters, and brands to build the DRL event season calendar. The candidate must be highly organized, creative, self-motivated and able to work in a fast-paced environment. Performance will be based on ability to package and sell complex, global event rights in priority markets across North America, Asia, MENA, and Europe. The role will have the opportunity to develop custom event partnerships with a range of revenue structures designed to fund the global growth of the DRL racing circuit.
The candidate must have a direct, individual track record of sales and business development, focused on monetizing entertainment, event or experience properties. Must be willing and available for significant international travel. DRL has produced events in 5 languages for thousands of live spectators and leveraged courses including NFL stadiums, museums, historical landmarks and brand headquarters around the world.
Role Overview: The Director of Event Revenue will be responsible for building relationships with decision makers, promoters, governments, venue owners, brands and strategically important individuals around the world.
- Event Revenue: DRL currently produces a nine event season generating more than 20 hours of broadcast content airing on leading broadcast channels around the world (including NBC, Sky Sports, ESPN Brazil, Groupe AB, etc).. With fully integrated operations, media and technology teams in house, this role will set strategy for the official DRL Season Calendar and will be individually accountable for achieving a yearly revenue target for event rights.
- Season Calendar: DRL will prioritize revenue driving events internationally. We use premier events to drive audience attendance, revenue (locally and globally) and build iconic experiences which emulate the season structure of traditional racing circuits like F1. The Director of Event Revenue will play a critical role in setting the DRL season calendar in advance of the upcoming season, ensuring the season is funded and designed for delivery success (incorporating considerations across logistics, media delivery, etc).
- Term Negotiations: The Director of Event Revenue will be directly responsible for driving active negotiations with potential event partners including securing terms and managing a full deal process.
- 12+ years experience in revenue generating roles with clear and proven ability to pitch, engage and close new media business
- Proven deal track record of selling complex rights or assets globally
- Direct and individual experience with negotiating seven figure deals
- Experience managing sales strategies across an organization
- Expertise and in-depth knowledge of current global event rights
- Established relationships in priority markets
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to communicate with C-level executives, foster teamwork, build confidence and support for one’s ideas
- Proven ability to handle complex tasks and continuously prioritize opportunities
- Current passport and willingness to travel
If you are interested in applying please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.