Location: New York City
Start Date: Immediately
Background: The Drone Racing League (DRL) is the premier, global drone-racing circuit and producer of world-class sports content. We are seeking a Director of Partnerships / VP Digital to lead digital monetization and strategy, including content revenue generation and digital distribution globally across digital and social channels. The candidate must be highly organized, creative, self-motivated and able to work in a fast-paced environment. Performance will be based on ability to package and sell complex, global digital media partnerships and design and own the overall digital media revenue strategy. The role will have the opportunity to develop new media partnerships, input on overall content strategy and lead a critical revenue platform for DRL.
The candidate must have a direct, individual track record of sales and business development, focused on monetizing digital content, advertising and media. Must be willing and available for significant international travel.
Role Overview: The Director of Partnerships / VP Digital will be responsible for building relationships with media agencies, brands (advertising and digital media teams), and channel owners and operators across digital and social media.
- Digital Media Revenue: DRL currently produces more than 40 hours of original, digital-first content across it primary global racing circuit (DRL Allianz World Championship) and its supporting event and content formats, including eSports, AIRR (AI Robotic Racing) and custom content series (freestyle, training, 101, etc). With a fully integrated media team in house, this role will have the ability to leverage creative, production, editing and custom content media teams to establish brand value and new opportunities. The Director of Partnerships / VP Digital will be responsible for monetizing existing and new content across digital channels globally (inclusive of all formats from pre-roll to branded content series).
- Conferences: Representing DRL at key media and agency events to support pipeline development.
- Content Strategy: Input and collaboration in setting DRL content strategy across linear and digital channels, designed to maximize revenue and commercial opportunities. This will include new content formats and channels.
- Term Negotiations: The Director of Partnerships / VP Digital will be responsible for driving active negotiations with media partners including securing terms and managing a full deal process.
- Brand Support: Supporting the full revenue team for digital revenue strategy and deal points to maximize exposure and impact for DRL partners.
- 8+ years experience in revenue generating roles with clear and proven ability to pitch, engage and close new media business
- Agency experience preferred
- Digital media expertise, proven track record of selling to brands and agencies
- Experience with Digital and/or buying with knowledge of expanded media sales cycle across channels and regions
- Experience managing sales strategies across an organization
- Expertise and in-depth knowledge of current media sales and content monetization landscape
- Established relationships at media agencies and brands preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to communicate with C-level executives, foster teamwork, build confidence and support for one’s ideas
- Proven ability to handle complex tasks and continuously prioritize opportunities
- Current passport and willingness to travel
If you are interested in applying please send your resume to email@example.com.