Location: New York
Reports To: Head of Operations
The Drone Racing League (DRL) is the premier, global drone-racing league, and producer of world-class drone sports content. At once a tech, media, events, and sports company, DRL blends a diverse array of disciplines and industries. We are seeking a Director of People and Culture to build and lead all People operations for the company, including recruiting, training and development, compensation analysis, benefits, and organizational planning. This role means wearing many different hats and requires an experienced leader who is ready to sit on DRL’s management team and take on the exciting challenge of building out a new department within a fast-paced, multi-industry startup.
- Process Implementation and Foundation Building: Lead the development of DRL’s People and Culture function. You will design HR systems and processes for DRL and oversee implementation, communication, delivery and refinement of all People and Culture initiatives.
- Recruitment, Induction, Training, and Assessment: You will develop 360-degree plans for finding, retaining, and developing the DRL team across all departments. Manage DRL’s recruitment strategy and own this process from initial candidate screening through onboarding. Develop company-wide performance management programs to support feedback loops, competency development, and goal setting.
- Strategic and Organizational Planning: Be a driving force for long-term people planning through efficient and thoughtful staff resourcing. Work directly with senior leadership to understand business goals and partner with Department Heads to meet organizational objectives and KPIs.
- Engagement and Culture: Be a driving force behind DRL’s culture and develop creative solutions to amplify employee engagement, overall company morale, and internalization of DRL culture.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree and 8-10 years’ experience in People Operations and HR management
- Experience building and implementing HR systems from the ground up
- Experience with talent recruitment
- Expertise in organizational development, change management, and leadership development
- Strong knowledge of US employment law and practices; international employment law and practices a major plus
- The desire to join an early stage startup, ready to roll up your sleeves and get to work
- Effective leader with demonstrated ability to manage resources and priorities across multiple teams
- Analytical with the ability to solve problems through organizing and analyzing data
- Sophisticated written and verbal communication skills; ability to demonstrate discretion and confidentiality
- Positive attitude, team player
DRL offers a compensation package that is commensurate with experience and abilities. Please apply to firstname.lastname@example.org