01 November 2016
Position: Event Operations Associate
Location: New York
Reports To: Director of Operations
The Drone Racing League (DRL) is a premier, global drone-racing league and producer of world-class drone sports content. We are seeking an Event Operations Associate. The ideal candidate possesses experience in live events and/or film and television production and is a detail oriented, proactive problem solver.
Overview: Drone racing & DRL
Drone racing is a fun and exciting sport in which quad-copter drones fly around a pre-set 3-dimensional course. Pilots control the drones via remote controls, wearing FPV (first person view) goggles to steer from the drone’s point of view. The drones travel at high speeds and can fly inches off the ground to several hundred feet in the air, depending on the course.
The races give the thrill of first person flight mixed with the high speeds and competitive dynamics of car racing. The events create fast, short, exciting content. The drone pilots come from all walks of life and are diverse, colorful personalities with compelling life stories.
DRL is the premiere brand in FPV drone racing. It is the “Formula 1” of the drone world, producing exciting content for both enthusiasts and those new to the sport.
• Assist Event Operations Manager with planning and coordination of vendors and event activities throughout the entire event lifecycle. Including creation and distribution of briefing documents and schedules.
• Book and manage event crew for all DRL races (including any HQ team working) and coordinate all training, briefing, and on-site management of staff during build, de-rig and live event phases
• Manage calendar and schedule (including booking non-event travel) for Director of Operations and other members of the senior management team
• Coordinate with outside vendors to arrange travel for all members of the DRL and event staff
• Work cross departmentally to consolidate on-site requirements for all DRL departments including technical operations and broadcast / media
• Procure event infrastructure for back of house areas and maintain records of all vendor paperwork
Assist in budget tracking for individual races and coordinate payment of vendor invoices
• Travel to event locations for site visits, planning meetings, and on-site execution
Desired Skills and Experience
• 1-2 years’ experience in event operations and/or film and television production
• B.A. from a top-tier college or university
• Strong people management skills and ability to work across multiple teams
• Demonstrated ability to coordinate vendors and crew
• Highly organized with a keen attention to detail (spreadsheets and checklists are your best friend)
• Ability to effectively and professionally communicate via phone, e-mail and face to face. Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Willingness to work long and sometimes irregular hours a must to include nights, holidays and weekends
• Willingness to travel approximately 25% of the time, but may be higher depending on event schedule
• Positive attitude, team player
• Knowledge of drone and drone racing a plus
• Desire to work at a high growth, early stage company
• DRL offers a compensation package that is commensurate with experience and abilities
All applicants should submit to email@example.com
Welcome to the
Drone Racing LeagueContinue to DRL