The Drone Racing League (DRL) is the global, professional drone racing property. Merging the digital with the real, DRL combines innovative technology, custom content and thrilling live sporting and esports events that broadcast on premier international sports networks including NBC and Twitter.
We are looking for a Graphic Designer with strong conceptual capabilities who are prepared to take their ideas all the way through to final delivery over print and digital.A strategic, big-picture thinker who is also highly detail-oriented, you will have solid experience in working in a creative environment and a full-working knowledge of both print and digital production delivery techniques.
This role requires a ‘can do’ attitude and will reside within the DRL Creative Department and will report directly to the Creative Director.
This person will work on a variety of projects that span the entire Drone Racing League brand including brand identity, broadcast graphics, digital, website, social media, email, arena signage and etc
The role will also entail working closely with the Business Development team on creative pitches. This will consist of producing high-end photoshop comps and incorporating them into Google Slides sales decks.
What you’ll do:
- Partner with the Creative Director to deliver world-class marketing campaigns for the brand, tentpole racing events, and the DRL Championship Season.
- Deliver innovative creative solutions for current and prospective league sponsors that will both resonate with fans and achieve sponsorship goals.
- Deliver all aspects of branding and advertising for DRL’s live and virtual events, including commercials, broadcast graphics packages, display and video advertising, OOH, signage, product design, etc.
- Remain current with pop culture and aware of the broader drone, FPV and gaming culture.
Who You Are:
- You are a go-getter
- You are accustomed to working in a fast-paced environment with ability to multi-task and collaborate
- You are able and willing to work flexible hours. This is not your average 9-5.
- You are aware of and interested in the latest digital + social media trends shaping the now, ie: live and breathe the cross-section of sports // pop culture // music // fashion // art // entertainment
- You thrive in a fast-paced, agile environment with exceptional organizational skills and ability to re-prioritize on a consistent basis
Skills And Experience:
- A motivated self-starter with a no-task-too-small attitude
- Proven branding and graphic design experience with a strong portfolio
- Highly skilled in using industry-leading software and technologies, ie: Adobe Creative Cloud – Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, Figma, Webflow, Google Docs and Keynote.
- Fluent in design, sports, fashion, editorial, film and tech—as well as visual history and classical references
- Possession of creative and artistic flair, versatility, conceptual/visual ability and originality
- Entrepreneurial spirit.
- Passionate and invested in your work
- Be curious to learn
- Comfortable tackling problems head-on and adapting to shifting priorities
- At ease presenting your work and explaining design decisions
- A champion of great design
- Passion for sports or sports experience preferred
Why You’ll Love DRL:
- We team up. We can promise you’ll work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We work hard and we play hard too. We care deeply about our work and each other.
- Everybody sweeps. No task is ever too small for our team. We sweat the details and are not afraid to get our hands dirty.
- We embrace debate. There are no seats at the table at DRL because there is no table. Everyone is encouraged to share their thoughts and ideas. We embrace the idea that debate is healthy and knowing that an impassioned discourse leads to our best results.
- We stay hungry. We look for the hardest challenges and tasks and once we master them, we look for the next one. We celebrate our victories and are always excited for tomorrow knowing “good enough” is never really “good enough.”
Position: Full-time, Permanent, Salary plus benefits
Experience Desired: 2 to 8 years
Location: Hybrid role. NYC office – 3 days a week. Home – 2 days a week.