The Drone Racing League (DRL) is the premier, global drone-racing league and producer of world-class drone sports content. At once a tech, media, events, and sports company, DRL blends a diverse array of disciplines and industries.
We are seeking a Hardware Product Manager who will define, launch and manage hardware and software products into the world.
This role is inherently cross-functional, this candidate will work with internal stakeholders and engineering to ensure that our products deliver against the goals set by the team. A successful candidate will be highly analytical, able to work extremely effectively in a complex organization, and adept at synthesizing a variety of technologies and capabilities into products and applications that deliver. This candidate will anticipate the scale of development and manage the future requirements of its target goals, identifying trends and steering the team into the future. They will work with marketing stakeholders to implement launch plans and manage ongoing promotion. They will also stay close to the operations team to ensure feasibility, risk mitigation and deployment strategies.
- Release of a successful product by managing the entire development cycle from foundational strategies to manufacturing and fulfillment.
- Delivering a product to market that meets the goals of the company and its market by thoughtful features and outstanding design.
- Gather stakeholder requirements, company goals and research customer insight to develop market strategies and information.
- Develop scope against product by investigating requirements and their required effort; manage and administer change of scope by clear and concise risk assessment and roadmap changes.
- Evaluate competition by market research, trends and industry forecasts.
- Defining product marketing strategy and consumer-facing specifications.
- Identifying technology resources, appropriating their skills to tasks required and working with project managers to instill progress and organizational management.
- Preparation of product sales forecasts.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Proficient in modern mechanical engineering techniques and strategies, from 3D printing to common CAD platforms.
- Proficient in electrical engineering techniques, technologies from schematic, assembly, fabrication and manufacturing.
- Highly proficient in systems integration and architecture.
- 5+ years’ experience in product management or HW engineering lead is required; consumer electronics experience preferred.
- Proven track record of taking ownership and successfully delivering hardware products in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Familiarity with Agile/Scrum development, JIRA, program management..
- Skilled in managing cross-functional departments to achieve desired results.
- Ability to identify and isolate customers’ concerns or objections.
- Familiarity with UAVs or robotics a plus.