REPORTS TO: Marketing Director
LOCATION: New York City
START DATE: Immediately
The Drone Racing League (DRL) is the premier, global drone-racing league and producer of world-class sports content. We are the world’s first professional drone racing circuit, combining live sporting events, custom drone technology and in-house film production to create the sport of the future. We are currently looking for a Manager of Digital Marketing to lead daily digital marketing efforts for the brand and business.
The Digital Marketing Manager will create and execute DRL’s digital marketing strategy. The role reports to the Director of Marketing and will be expected to work closely with DRL leadership team to define campaigns and initiatives utilizing digital channels, including social media, paid media, email marketing & CRM and search engine marketing to grow awareness and engagement globally. The Digital Marketing Manager will lead digital projects to ensure that DRL drives innovative engagement, including overseeing all web and social media initiatives. The role will need to be comfortable utilizing analytics to provide recommendations on best practices and to nimbly re-adjust digital strategy as needed. The ideal candidate must me able to manage spend and budgets across global channels and provide active tracking against KPIs.
The ideal candidate will thrive on working within a start-up environment and combine strategic thinking and strong communication skills with creativity to execute on high-impact, high-value campaigns that will scale globally.
As the Manager of Digital Marketing you will be expected to:
- Drive global awareness and engagement – develop and execute 2019 marketing strategy across digital channels, including owned and partner platforms, to build fanbase and introduce DRL to new audiences and markets
- Establish and evolve channel best practices for primary digital channels: Facebook, Youtube, Instagram, Twitter and Twitch
- Be accountable for the digital content calendar for each of the channels and provide feedback to our creative teams on performance of content we publish to the various platforms
- Manage paid promotion strategy across all digital channels
- Measure and report on the performance of all digital marketing campaigns [organic and paid] based on predetermined goals (ROI and KPIs). Provide future recommendations based on data
- Present constructive feedback to content, channel, creative, and web development teams to ensure continued improvement to quality and output
- Provide transparency into performance to executive team and organization by delivering regular reporting and updates to ensure we are hitting key targets
- Build strong relationships with relevant agencies and partners where needed
- Evaluate emerging technologies. Provide thought leadership and perspective for adoption where appropriate
- Manage the Community Manager/Social Media Associate to set weekly KPIs on Social Media Live engagement and performance. Role includes tracking performance of all social media platforms, providing weekly & exec level reporting against all content metrics, and making optimization recommendations back to the Content team for further optimization on a regular basis.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- 7+ years of experience leading and managing complex, digital marketing campaigns for high-growth startups or global brands with a focus on growth hacking
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to communicate with C-level executives, foster teamwork, build confidence and support for one’s ideas
- Ability to plan, lead, and execute campaigns and programs across digital media (including programmatic), search, email, marketing automation, content marketing, personalization, social media, and mobile
- Ability to think quickly and critically on a broad range of digital marketing topics across various verticals
- Experience utilizing digital analytics tools [i.e. Social Media and Google Analytics] to provide strategic direction on future marketing initiatives
- Strong analytical abilities. Be the type of person who utilizes a data driven approach to decision making
- Must be able to think strategically, leverage research, understanding marketer needs and creatively translating these needs into compelling concepts and programs
- Proven ability to handle complex tasks and continuously prioritize opportunities
- Current passport and willingness to travel
DRL offers a compensation package that is commensurate with experience and abilities
Please send all job inquiries to: Jobs@drl.io