The Drone Racing League (DRL) is the premier, global drone-racing circuit and producer of world-class sports content. As a futuristic sport that blurs the line between the real and the digital, we get to race in the most legendary locations around the globe and immerse fans into video-game-inspired courses.
We are seeking an Event Production Manager to support the event management team on all production elements for our races. This role will rely on strong organizational skills in order to manage key documents and event functions, including master run of show, vendor management and on-site logistics. This individual gets excited about project management, superior event documentation, and excellent team communication. The ideal candidate thrives as part of a team, is incredibly detail-oriented, and can manage across many projects at one time.
What You’ll Do:
- Support the project management of a suite of annual races (approximately 3 – 5 events per year) from top to bottom and coordinate with each functional event area in order to ensure planning and collaboration across the event
- Create and oversee the updates of all key event management documents including event run of show, staffing plans, and others as required
- Support in the budget management for each event across all stakeholders, including coordination of projection updates and reconciliation, invoicing, and record keeping for each event
- Be responsible for vendor sourcing, planning, and management for elements of the event
- Assist in the coordination and management of all event planning meetings through the event lifecycle, including preparing agendas, circulating key documents, note taking, and meeting follow ups
- Travel to event locations for site visits, planning meetings, and on-site execution
Who You Are:
- 4 – 7 years’ experience in event operations; live event experience preferred
- Degree from a top-tier college or university
- Strong people management skills and ability to work across multiple teams
- Ability to effectively and professionally communicate via phone, e-mail and face to face. Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Positive attitude, team player
- Willingness to work long and sometimes irregular hours a must to include nights, holidays and weekends
- Willingness to travel approximately 25% of the time, for site visits, planning meetings, and on-site execution; may be higher depending on event schedule
- Desire to work at a high growth, early stage company
Why You’ll Love DRL:
- We team up. We can promise you’ll work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We work hard and we play hard too. We care deeply about our work and each other.
- Everybody sweeps. No task is ever too small for our team. We sweat the details and are not afraid to get our hands dirty.
- We embrace debate. There are no seats at the table at DRL because there is no table. Everyone is encouraged to share their thoughts and ideas. We embrace the idea that debate is healthy and knowing that an impassioned discourse leads to our best results.
- We stay hungry. We look for the hardest challenges and tasks and once we master them, we look for the next one. We celebrate our victories and are always excited for tomorrow knowing “good enough” is never really “good enough.”
The salary range for this role is $85,000-$100,000. Actual total compensation packages offered to candidates within that range are based on a wide array of factors unique to each candidate, including skill set, years and depth of experience, certifications, and the candidate’s specific location.
Drone Racing League is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, creed, age, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, military or veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law. As an equal opportunities employer, we recognize that diversity is a positive attribute and we welcome the differences and benefits that a diverse culture brings. Come fly with us!