The Drone Racing League (DRL) is the premier, global drone-racing circuit and producer of world-class sports content. As a futuristic sport that blurs the line between the real and the digital, we race in the most legendary locations around the globe and immerse fans into video-game-inspired courses.
We are seeking a Manager, Special Projects to join our team. This is an exciting opportunity for a process-oriented, go-getter who wants to become a key part of a forward-thinking, integrated team. The Manager, Special Projects will lead day-to-day work on integrated projects and influence teams to achieve great work within the boundaries of scope, time, and budget.
What You’ll Do:
- Serve as the common thread on key projects around the DRL racing season
- Manage the delivery of one or more work streams within large, complex initiatives and/or own mid-size projects independently, delivering on tasks across multiple teams
- Lead and contribute to internal and external meetings around season planning, on site schedules, and live racing events
- Drive forward cross functional initiatives with high business impact, working closely with teams like Race Engineering, Event Operations and Media Production
- Create, manage, and hold teams accountable to project plans and timelines to ensure that key project milestones are met
- Identify ways to optimize workflows and maximize teams’ effectiveness
Who You Are:
- 3-5 years of project management or business management experience
- Mastery of PM fundamentals and best practices; independently owned small to mid-level sized project delivery
- Balances a sense of urgency with a calm and confident leadership mindset at all time
- A bias for action and the ability to confidently lead projects and teams through ambiguity
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally when appropriate and as needed
Why You’ll Love DRL:
- We team up. We can promise you’ll work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We work hard and we play hard too. We care deeply about our work and each other.
- Everybody sweeps. No task is ever too small for our team. We sweat the details and are not afraid to get our hands dirty.
- We embrace debate. There are no seats at the table at DRL because there is no table. Everyone is encouraged to share their thoughts and ideas. We embrace the idea that debate is healthy and knowing that an impassioned discourse leads to our best results.
- We stay hungry. We look for the hardest challenges and tasks and once we master them, we look for the next one. We equally celebrate our victories and seek continuous improvement.
Interested candidates should send their resume to email@example.com