The Drone Racing League (DRL) is the premier, global drone-racing circuit and producer of world-class sports content. As a futuristic sport that blurs the line between the real and the digital, we race in the most legendary locations around the globe and immerse fans into video-game-inspired courses. We are seeking a PR Manager with excellent communication skills, attention to detail and passion for big, buzzy storytelling. The candidate must be highly organized, creative, self-motivated and able to work in a fast-paced environment.
The manager will support various PR initiatives to promote the league, maximize attention around DRL Pilots, and storytell the culture surrounding the sport and fans around the world. Projects will include: media and influencer relations and outreach, crafting press materials, drafting executive social media posts, developing PR hooks around cultural trends and moments, and conceptualizing creative PR stunts and storylines that continue to elevate DRL as a mainstream sport with star-pilots. The manager will report to the Associate VP of Communications.
Interested candidates should submit their resumes to email@example.com.
- Build and manage relationships with media, influencers and talent across sports, tech, entertainment for cross-over content opportunities, event attendance, and amplification
- Develop creative storyline angles and PR stunt ideas that tap into cultural trends and reinforce key messaging
- Draft influencer outreach and press materials, including releases, pitches and briefing documents
- Craft weekly social media posts for DRL executives to push out across LinkedIn and Twitter
- Research and recommend media and event opportunities to spotlight DRL Pilots and tell their stories across local, national and global channels
- Identify relevant press contacts, influencers and media platforms to recommend pitching stories and content collaborations to
- Project manage annual content calendar, launch creative needs plans, and DRL season communication toolkits, compiling key assets and messaging
- Review and track copy edits for DRL website on a weekly basis to ensure content is up-to-date
- Help track outreach and success metrics for weekly reporting documents, PR launch day recaps, and ongoing partnership decks
- 3-5 years of experience in PR, ideally at an agency, sports league, and/or consumer brand
- Proven track record drafting press materials, such press releases, pitches and/or conferences/awards submissions that have yielded positive results
- Experience with identifying cultural trends
- Built-in relationships with media, influencers and athlete/celebrity publicists is a plus
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Organization and coordination of tasks with a strong attention to detail