Project Engineer, Autonomy
Location: New York
Reports To: Senior Engineering Manager, Autonomy Lead
The Drone Racing League (DRL) is the premier, global drone-racing league, and producer of world-class drone sports content. At once a tech, media, events, and sports company, DRL blends a diverse array of disciplines and industries.
We are looking for an experienced engineer to take on the needs of our growing autonomy department. You are experienced with the engineering process and best practices. You will be responsible for interfacing with our teams of engineers and technicians and keeping them aligned on project delivery timelines. You will use your expertise to guide project trajectories and creating the best system to meet project deliverables and milestones. You will write up technical documentation, specifications, and SOPs. You will create and make great presentations. You will be an integral part of the team designing DRL’s world class autonomous drones.
Required Qualifications and Responsibilities:
- Develop and execute project plans and timelines.
- Assist in the architecting and development of our Autonomy team’s project(s), demos, and deliverables.
- Synchronize teams of engineers and technicians.
- Create best practices to follow during design, production and operation.
- Sourcing components and managing manufacturers.
- Author technical documentation, specifications and SOPs.
- Develop our on-site deployment plans, selecting integral equipment to meet the needs of the target site.
- Optimizing the production process for our team.
- Create and make great presentations.
- Masters degree with concentration in Computer Science, Information Systems, Management Information Systems, Computer Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or a technically related field.
- High level of practical systems engineering experience.
- Experience creating engineering-grade project plans and timelines.
- Experience developing hardware testing fixtures and systems.
- Experience with PCB design and manufacturing is a plus.
- Experience with Agile methodologies in Software Development is a plus.
- Knowledge of computer science fundamentals a plus.
- Knowledge of space and time efficient data structures and algorithms a plus.
- Ability to creatively solve problems on-the-fly during a crisis.
- Experience with source code control software and methodologies a plus.
- Experience with industrial and site-wide equipment deployment is a plus.
- Candidates with UAV aircraft, robotics development experience, and/or hobby drone experience will be given special consideration.
DRL offers a compensation package that is commensurate with experience and abilities. Please apply to firstname.lastname@example.org