The Drone Racing League (DRL) is the global, professional drone racing property. Merging the digital with the real, DRL combines innovative technology, custom content and thrilling live sporting and esports events that broadcast and live stream on premier international sports networks including NBC and Twitter, TikTok, YouTube, Twitch, Facebook and Instagram.
We are seeking a Social Media Associate to grow and nurture the DRL global fanbase in partnership with the DRL marketing, partnerships, and media teams. The Social Media Associate will be responsible for developing content and paid media strategies across key social platforms, creating social content in DRL’s brand voice, leading digital race streams and community management to drive fan engagement and support DRL marketing and partnership campaigns. The candidate must be a highly motivated individual with experience in and a passion for social media, digital marketing, and creative storytelling.
What You’ll Do:
- Support the development of organic and paid social media promotional campaigns through platform-tailored content and leading on community management strategies that deliver against key business objectives
- Support on live-streams of DRL race events across all major social platforms, pre-roll campaigns, and key metrics and insights for stream reports and recaps
- Support digital marketing promotions to drive DRL KPIs, inclusive of race-event ticketing, gaming downloads, and partner initiatives
- Develop creative briefs for social media content that will resonate and scale DRL’s fanbase and engagement, while maximizing the daily content output
- Support on creative ideation for DRL partnership opportunities and build out media plans to amplify the partnerships
- Monitor social media comments related to DRL, drone racing and related partner, sports and tech trends for potential engagement opportunities
- Work closely with the Creative team to create and manage compelling content for various channels that support business priorities, effectively communicating intention and timing to allow for a successful execution
- Offer social media consult to DRL Pilots to scale their social presence and following
- Support & collaborate with DRL digital marketing team in global markets to produce top performing content and effective social messaging
- Research, vet and recommend UGC content to repost, influencers for social collaborations, and trends, emerging platforms, and best practices to tap into
- Oversee weekly social media recaps on key learnings & opportunities
- Other duties as asked or assigned
Who You Are:
- Have experience in social media, executing against paid media campaigns and optimizing content strategies for maximum ROI
- Live and breathe social media with an always-on mentality; passionate user of digital technologies & knowledge of social media best practices
- Have exceptional editorial writing skills with top-notch grammar proficiency
- You have the ability to work flexible hours
- You thrive in a fast-paced, agile environment with exceptional organizational skills and ability to re-prioritize on a consistent basis
- You are a self-starter unphased by temporary setbacks – every obstacle being nothing more than an opportunity in disguise
- Photography/video and editing skills preferred but not required
Why You’ll Love DRL:
- We team up. We can promise you’ll work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We work hard and we play hard too. We care deeply about our work and each other.
- Everybody sweeps. No task is ever too small for our team. We sweat the details and are not afraid to get our hands dirty.
- We embrace debate. There are no seats at the table at DRL because there is no table. Everyone is encouraged to share their thoughts and ideas. We embrace the idea that debate is healthy and knowing that an impassioned discourse leads to our best results.
- We stay hungry. We look for the hardest challenges and tasks and once we master them, we look for the next one. We celebrate our victories and are always excited for tomorrow knowing “good enough” is never really “good enough.”
The salary for this role is $58,500. Actual total compensation packages offered to candidates within that range are based on a wide array of factors unique to each candidate, including skill set, years and depth of experience, certifications, and the candidate’s specific location.To be considered for this role please email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line including “Social Media Associate”.
Drone Racing League is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, creed, age, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, military or veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law. As an equal opportunities employer, we recognize that diversity is a positive attribute and we welcome the differences and benefits that a diverse culture brings. Come fly with us!