The Drone Racing League (DRL) is the global, professional drone racing property. Merging the digital with the real, DRL combines innovative technology, custom content and thrilling live sporting and esports events that broadcast on premier international sports networks including NBC and Twitter.
We are seeking a Social Media Associate to grow and nurture the DRL global fanbase in partnership with the DRL marketing, partnerships, and media teams. The Social Media Associate will be responsible for creating content in DRL’s brand voice for posting on DRL’s global social media channels and other outlets to drive engagement and conversation with the larger drone racing community. S/he must be a highly motivated individual with experience in and a passion for social media, community management, and creative storytelling.
What You’ll Do:
- Support the Digital Marketing Director in developing the organic social media content and community management strategies that deliver against various business objectives
- Represent DRL’s brand voice in reactive and proactive social conversations across all channels—moving quickly on relevant opportunities to enter conversation
- Consistently engage with the DRL community online while responding to fan comments and questions across platforms in an appropriate tone of voice and in a timely manner–particularly during show broadcast and live streams
- Support the Digital Marketing Director on managing the social media content calendar to publish to our social media handles on a regular basis, including but not limited to Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and Twitch
- Work closely with the Creative Director & team to create and manage compelling content for various channels that support business priorities, effectively communicating intention and timing to allow for a successful execution
- Support & collaborate with DRL digital marketing team in global markets to produce top performing content and effective social messaging
- Research, vet and recommend Influencers, devise strategies to partner with and initiate relationships.
- Other duties as asked or assigned
Who You Are:
- Have 2-3 years of experience in social media management at a brand or agency
- Live and breathe social media with an always-on mentality; passionate user of digital technologies & knowledge of social media best practices
- Have exceptional editorial writing skills with top-notch grammar proficiency
- You have the ability to work flexible hours understanding the need to perfect each presentation as it represents DRL, the design team, and most important, yourself
- You thrive in a fast-paced, agile environment with exceptional organizational skills and ability to re-prioritize on a consistent basis
- You are a self-starter unphased by temporary setbacks – every obstacle being nothing more than an opportunity in disguise
- Photography/video skills preferred but not required
Why You’ll Love DRL:
- We team up. We can promise you’ll work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We work hard and we play hard too. We care deeply about our work and each other.
- Everybody sweeps. No task is ever too small for our team. We sweat the details and are not afraid to get our hands dirty.
- We embrace debate. There are no seats at the table at DRL because there is no table. Everyone is encouraged to share their thoughts and ideas. We embrace the idea that debate is healthy and knowing that an impassioned discourse leads to our best results.
- We stay hungry. We look for the hardest challenges and tasks and once we master them, we look for the next one. We celebrate our victories and are always excited for tomorrow knowing “good enough” is never really “good enough.”
Qualified applicants should send their resume to email@example.com.