The Drone Racing League (DRL) is the global, professional drone racing property. Merging the digital with the real, DRL combines innovative technology, custom content and thrilling live sporting and esports events that broadcast and live stream on premier international sports networks including NBC and Twitter, TikTok, YouTube, Twitch, Facebook and Instagram.
We are seeking a senior marketing leader to grow DRL’s global fanbase and build fan connections with the league. The VP, Fan Growth will constantly seek out new ways to improve the current fan experience. This candidate will have experience applying insights to drive decision making and inform the product roadmap. The VP will partner with business development to bring forward fresh ideas for sponsors that will delight fans and achieve our partners business objectives.
What you’ll do:
- Optimize current demand generation programs and develop new strategies to grow total fan base, measured by viewers, attendees, followers, subscribers, players, bettors, and other measures. In partnership with the VP, Marketing & Comms, co-develop strategic marketing plans and programs to drive these focused fan behaviors.
- Fully own the execution for season campaign, TV/Streaming tune-in campaigns, betting and social growth.
- Co-develop and execute marketing plans for live events and the DRL Shop with ticketing and merchandise leader
- Co-develop and execute marketing plans for DRL’s games with gaming leader
- Co-develop marketing campaigns and media plans for DRL league prospects and partners with Partnerships leads
- Partner with the CMO on DRL’s media distribution strategy and management of broadcast and streaming partner relationships.
- Manage budgets related to fan development and seasonal marketing programs.
- Partner internally with key stakeholders in PR, production, operations and creative services to achieve fan growth and engagement objectives.
- Oversee a team dedicated to digital marketing, paid social and insights
Sponsorship Ideation and Support
- Deliver innovative marketing programs to the business development team that will both resonate with fans and achieve sponsorship goals.
Insights and Analytics
- Partner with the CMO to manage phases of customer research and identify and execute a comprehensive platform to collect, analyze, and activate first party fan data.
- Develop actionable insights from data, analytics and research to elevate the “voice of our fans” to drive sales, marketing programs, product, and event planning forward.
Who You Are:
- Marketing leader with 10+ years experience with an emphasis on digital marketing
- Strong critical thinking and analytical capabilities with an ability to apply data and research to decision making
- You have a proven track record managing teams or agencies both in omni-channel marketing campaigns and performance marketing campaigns
- You have experience and passion for managing a high-growth team
- You have experience engaging communities and bringing the voice of fans/customers into every conversation
- You build strong relationships internally and externally, and value teamwork
- You thrive in a fast-paced, agile environment with exceptional organizational skills and the ability to re-prioritize on a consistent basis
- You are a self-starter and resourceful
Why You’ll Love DRL:
- We team up. We can promise you’ll work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We work hard and we play hard too. We care deeply about our work and each other.
- Everybody sweeps. No task is ever too small for our team. We sweat the details and are not afraid to get our hands dirty.
- We embrace debate. There are no seats at the table at DRL because there is no table. Everyone is encouraged to share their thoughts and ideas. We embrace the idea that debate is healthy and knowing that an impassioned discourse leads to our best results.
- We stay hungry. We look for the hardest challenges and tasks and once we master them, we look for the next one. We celebrate our victories and are always excited for tomorrow knowing “good enough” is never really “good enough.”
The salary range for this role is $175,000-$200,000. Actual total compensation packages offered to candidates within that range are based on a wide array of factors unique to each candidate, including skill set, years and depth of experience, certifications, and the candidate’s specific location.
Drone Racing League is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, creed, age, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, military or veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law. As an equal opportunities employer, we recognize that diversity is a positive attribute and we welcome the differences and benefits that a diverse culture brings. Come fly with us!