The Drone Racing League (DRL) is the global, professional drone racing property. Merging the digital with the real, DRL combines innovative technology, custom content and thrilling live sporting and esports events that broadcast on premier international sports networks including NBC and Twitter.
The Drone Racing League (DRL) is looking for a designer to join our team and grow a technology-focused brand. This individual will be involved in every aspect of the DRL design process, from brainstorming our next innovation to tweaking pixels right before launch and will report into our Creative Director. He/She will be expected to utilize their full range of production design, interaction design, and visual design skills, and will own the experience for a wide range of DRL projects.
The candidate must have clean aesthetics, attention to detail and interest in how people react to messages and images, and needs to be able to clearly communicate their ideas but also be able to listen carefully to fulfill the project. The ideal candidate has a strong interest in technology, a solid design portfolio, is a proactive problem solver, and can take critical feedback with grace.
- Apply best practices in design approaches and methods toward delivering best-in-class experiences.
- Create differentiating, on-brand design solutions (branding, web design, apparel design, event signage, proposal presentations) – it’s all about meeting the challenge and then bringing something extra to the table.
- Create strategic lead content for DRL social media platforms
- Lead the charge on identities and signage for DRL events
- Aid in both the conceptual and design development of new business presentations.
- Minimum 6+ years of industry experience
- Can execute multiple styles of design and illustration
- Expert in Photoshop, Illustrator, and Keynote
- Great typography skills
- Best practices knowledge of usability and UX
- Excellent written communication skills
- Ability to problem solve and align solutions with project needs
- Willingness to travel and work long and sometimes irregular hours, sometimes including nights and weekends depending on delivery schedule
- Experience in event delivery a plus
- Desire to work at a high growth, early stage company
- Animation/motion graphics knowledge in software such as After Effects, Cinema 4D, Maya or 3ds Max.
- Video editing capabilities in software such as Premiere Pro, Final Cut, or iMovie
Why You’ll Love DRL:
- We team up. We can promise you’ll work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We work hard and we play hard too. We care deeply about our work and each other.
- Everybody sweeps. No task is ever too small for our team. We sweat the details and are not afraid to get our hands dirty.
- We embrace debate. There are no seats at the table at DRL because there is no table. Everyone is encouraged to share their thoughts and ideas. We embrace the idea that debate is healthy and knowing that an impassioned discourse leads to our best results.
- We stay hungry. We look for the hardest challenges and tasks and once we master them, we look for the next one. We celebrate our victories and are always excited for tomorrow knowing “good enough” is never really “good enough.”
Qualified applicants should send their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.